Monday, September 3, 2018

An honest look back upon John McCain.

I'd like to discuss, just a little bit, how I remember Senator John McCain.  Don't get me wrong, it's understandable how we're mourning his passing last week, but I believe it's only fair that I explain the truth as I recall it, without trying to be too harsh.
McCain did run for President a decade ago.  However, he was one of those billionaires with too many GOP political connections, and—so it seemed, and perhaps it was all too true—nobody who had any intelligence or ethics—most especially after eight years of Bush—wanted any chance in hell of him in the White House, in particular compared to Barack Obama.
Still, McCain had his ambitions.  And there were a lot of people, for some reason or another, who were kicking themselves for not voting for him, some time into Obama's Presidency, probably mainly because Obama himself seemed the "perfect" scapegoat for our economic horrors of the early 2010s.  Well, I believe John McCain did at least want to contribute something to America.  He would've had the first woman VP, Sarah Palin, who seemed mighty popular on the ticket in '08 for a while, anyway.  And Palin—and The Donald on top now, needless to say—are Tweeting their sorrow over McCain's loss.  I know he was an honorable American in certain ways.  Even little kids on top financially still have the need for dreams of growing up to be President.
So I can just say, rest in peace, honorable John McCain.  You at least tried.  That's what counts.

No comments: