Thursday, October 11, 2018

Bad news on the email front.

I'm going to have to change email servers with Comcast this Saturday.
It turns out my current email server, which I won't name for legal reasons, has become totally unreliable, in particular in the area of loading my email so I can read it.  I've first had cutoffs, and then freeze-ups, the latter of which has forced me to restart my entire computer.  That was an intense experience, thinking I would lose some things on it.  Thank heavens, I lost nothing.  But probably I could have.
I only hope Comcast and Xfinity, with whom I have Internet service, will help me in easily switching to a more reliable server for email.  There's a good chance they will.  In any eventuality, they had better, because I haven't had the courage to check my email since Sunday.  They're backing up.  Wish me good luck.  I don't know if I'll need it, but I can't keep putting this off.  Not even with all the things I have to do this week that are also important, like errands for the family.

No comments: